- We are pleased to have been able to recruit such an experienced leader to one of Norway’s important CEO positions. Statnett is in charge of large national tasks and has a pivotal role in enabling the electric future of Norway. Hilde Tonne's background makes her an excellent candidate to lead Statnett into this important phase, says Jon Fredrik Baksaas, Chair of the Board of Statnett.
Hilde Tonne holds an M.Sc. from NTNU and the RWTH Aachen University. She has substantial leadership experience from several sectors and has held positions in Hydro Oil & Energy, Telenor Group and currently Ramboll Group, where she is Executive Director and Chief Innovation Officer. Tonne has held a number of non-executive Board positions, including in the power sector as Board Member of Statkraft and Vattenfall, and Chair of the Board of Hafslund. She is one of the founders of Digital Norway, where Statnett is a member. Tonne is currently Chair of the Board at the Research Council of Norway.
- Hilde Tonne's extensive leadership experience and technology insight is an invaluable asset when Statnett takes lead in the move towards a fully electric society. We will facilitate new industries, electrification and security of supply each day all year. This requires strong leadership, and I am confident that Hilde Tonne is the right person to take on this responsibility, says Baksaas.
With her experience as Executive Director at Telenor Group, with the responsibility for industrial development, Tonne has extensive experience in development and operations of critical infrastructure. A total of 17 years of experience from the oil and gas industry ensures valuable insight from the energy sector.
- This is a dream job. Being entrusted with leading 1400 competent staff with such an important mission for the society is a privilege. Not only is the supply of electricity a critical function for the community, but the power system is pivotal to enabling necessary transition in facing the climate crisis. Norway is uniquely positioned to take lead in developing an energy system that is instrumental in resolving one of our time's biggest challenges, says Hilde Tonne, incoming CEO of Statnett.
- Technology and access to the right competencies are the most crucial factors in succeeding with this important mission. Along with maintaining and upgrading Statnett's array of critical facilities across Norway and facilitating connection of new industries, digitalization will be a key component towards enabling a fully electric society. I am looking forward to taking the lead and work together with the whole organisation on these issues, Tonne states.
The process of recruiting a new CEO started this fall when current CEO Auke Lont announced that he will be stepping down after holding the position for 12 years.
- Auke Lont has delivered impressive results and has through visions and a clear direction taken Statnett and Norway important steps towards an energy system that enables a climate friendly, electric future. He has put Statnett's mission to the core of society and delivered on security of supply and grid capacity to the industries of the future, says Chair of the Board of Statnett, Jon Fredrik Baksaas.
Auke Lont will step down as CEO by the end of January 2021. Hilde Tonne's starting date will be confirmed after New Year.