Our ethical principles entail that we:
- comply with laws, regulations and human rights
- act honestly and with integrity
- strive for openness, compliance and transparency within the organisation
- do not act in a manner that may compromise our impartiality, integrity or credibility
- do not receive or give gifts or services that could affect our business conduct or independence
- will not use confidential information for personal gain – for ourselves or others
We also attach utmost importance to ensuring that our suppliers and partners adhere to our Code of Conduct for suppliers. All our agreements with suppliers include a contractual obligation to comply with our Code of Conduct.
You can read and download our Ethical guidelines further down on this site.
Our Ethical Ombudsman
The role of our Ethical Ombudsman Silje Vegarud, is to strengthen the legal protection of employees and help uncover censurable conditions. Censurable conditions may include conditions that are in violation of law or Statnett’s Code of Conduct, poor working environment, harassment, negative culture or other harmful activity.
The Ethical Ombudsman accepts and reports matters raised by anyone who has observed wrongdoing and/or mistakes committed by Statnett, our employees, our management or our suppliers. The Ethical Ombudsman reports directly to our CEO Hilde Tonne and Statnett’s Board of Directors.