Statnett (Org. No. 962 986 633), with ultimate responsibility resting with the CEO, is the data controller for your personal data. The data controller determines the purpose of processing personal data and the means to be used.
If you have questions related to Statnett’s processing of your personal data or this privacy statement, please contact us at email@example.com
If you wish to lodge a complaint or raise a concern related to Statnett’s processing of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer Isa Linn Ravndal.
Processing in connection with Statnett’s website
You can subscribe to our news service by registering your e-mail address on statnett.no. Your e-mail address are stored in the website’s publication solution and are therefore not available to anyone other than the solution administrators. The e-mail you receive from us will contain a link to “your page” where you can view all your subscriptions and decide if you want to stop one or more subscriptions. When you unsubscribe, the information about you will also be deleted.
If you have any questions about your news subscription, please send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit statnett.no, Statnett may process the following information about you
Statnett will be able to collect and store your IP address (the number that identifies your computer or other equipment on the Internet) and other information about your computer for system administration and statistical purposes (e.g. to calculate the number of visitors to our website), based on Statnett’s legitimate interest in improving and administering our website. We will only store your IP address for the period during which you visit the website; then it will be deleted or anonymised.
Cookies and web statistics
When you visit statnett.no, your browser communicates certain electronic information. We use this information to improve the content of our website. As a visitor to statnett.no, you may voluntarily provide personal data such as your e-mail address if you wish to subscribe to our news alerts. Our web editor has day-to-day responsibility for processing personal data on statnett.no. Epinova is our service provider for the publishing solution.
With a view to improving the content of statnett.no, we use the Google Analytics analysis tool to collect statistics on our visitors and their usage patterns. Google Analytics uses what are known as cookies, which are small text files stored in your browser’s internal memory when you visit a website. The most common browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically, but you can change this setting in your browser yourself.
As a visitor to statnett.no, you have the right to know which data we are collecting about you, (ref. Section 2-7b of the Norwegian Act relating to electronic communications). The table below presents an overview of the cookies used on statnett.no, and what they are used for:
|ASP.NET.SessionId||Used by Google Analytics to maintain a unique ID for each user session. Deleted when the browser is closed.|
|_ga||Used by Google Analytics to differentiate users. Deleted after two years.|
|_gid||Used by Google Analytics to differentiate users. Deleted after 24 hours.|
|_UTMA||Used by Google Analytics to count new users. Deleted after two years.|
|_UTMZ||Used by Google Analytics to trace how a user has arrived at a page on statnett.no. Deleted after six months.|
|_UTMC||Used by Google Analytics to register when a user leaves statnett.no. Deleted after 30 minutes.|
|Used by Google Analytics to identify returning users and to register activity on statnett.no. Deleted after one year.|
|Alert||To be used in cases where an operational notification has been displayed and the user has subsequently chosen to close it. This is done to ensure that users will not see the notification unless its contents changes or until the current day (the day that the notification is closed on) is over|
Links to other websites
From time to time Statnett’s website may contain links to other websites. When you follow one of these links, you leave Statnett’s website. These third party websites have their own privacy statements that determine how the website is operated and how data is collected and processed, and whether the website stores cookies and other tracking technology on your computer.
Processing in social media
When you “like” or follow our Facebook page or our other social media accounts, this will be shared with the given platform. The same applies to other activity on our social media pages, such as content you post and posts you like. The given platform will be responsible for the personal data it collects and processes. You can find more information about this processing and your rights in the given platform’s privacy statement.
Storage of personal data
Statnett stores your personal data as long as it is necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data was collected, as defined in this privacy statement. This means that, as a rule, Statnett will delete your personal data if you unsubscribe from our newsletter and/or news alerts or otherwise inform us that you wish to have your personal data deleted.
However, we note that legal obligations, such as statutory requirements for continued storage of data for accounting purposes may necessitate continued storage of your personal data. We may also continue to store your personal data if such storage is necessary to safeguard Statnett’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, including for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim.
Statnett stores the data for the following periods:
- Documentation obtained during control activities is deleted once the control has been completed, provided that the information shows that the employees covered by the request for access to information are receiving at least the pay and working conditions as stipulated by statutory regulations. If the documentation shows a discrepancy, the documentation will be retained until the discrepancy has been rectified and the case has been closed.
- Reports from controls will be retained for as long as is necessary to continuously monitor suppliers, including evaluating suppliers’ results against previous results.
The data may also be stored for a longer period than indicated above if such continued storage is required to:
- determine, invoke or defend a legal claim,
- safeguard Statnett’s legitimate necessary interests, such as potential dispute with a supplier
- fulfil statutory requirements, including requirements for continued storage under accounting legislation, the Norwegian Security Act and the Norwegian Archive Act.
Processing in connection with control of subcontractors’ working conditions
Statnett is subject to statutory requirements to control subcontractors’ pay and working conditions, pursuant to the Norwegian Procurement Act, the Norwegian Regulations concerning pay and working conditions in government contracts, the Norwegian General Applications Act, the Norwegian Regulations on the obligation to provide information, the obligation to ensure compliance, and the right of inspection, and the Norwegian Construction Client Regulations.
In order to comply with this statutory obligation to control and ensure compliance, Statnett may process the following information about employees, temporary personnel or apprentices working at our suppliers and subcontractors:
- Contact details and other identifying information, including names, addresses, National Identification Numbers or D-numbers, gender, citizenship etc.
- Employment and assignment contracts
- Information on pay and working conditions, including time sheets and working hours, pay and supplements (overtime supplements, shift and rota supplements and inconvenience supplements), payroll deductions and coverage of expenses related to travel, board and lodging, insurance and other employment information.
We collect the information from the supplier, and if relevant from the subcontractor and the data subject in connection with such controls.
Statnett will also process personal data for certain other purposes, including in connection with the following:
- As the TSO, Statnett is required to have systems that facilitate contact with the licensees. Access to such systems requires registration, and Statnett will process certain personal data about individual users at the various licensees, such as name and e-mail address, in connection with the creation of user accounts and administration of the system. The processing is necessary to provide the user access to the system, as well as to safeguard Statnett’s legitimate interests with regard to system maintenance and system improvement.
- Statnett is responsible for grid development, and will undertake various construction works in connection with improvements, maintenance and development of facilities and installations. In connection with such construction work, Statnett will issue various notifications etc. to the area affected by the work, which requires Statnett to process certain personal data, including contact details such as name and e-mail address. The legal basis for the processing will vary depending on the situation, but will normally be based on the consent of the data subject, which is obtained in connection with the data subject requesting to receive such information.
Anyone who wishes to submit proposals for R&D projects may do so on Statnett’s website. In order to follow up relevant proposals and communicate with those submitting proposals, Statnett requires the contact details of the person submitting the proposal, including name, e-mail address, telephone number and any organisation with which the person is affiliated. It is necessary to process this personal data in order to follow up the proposal with a view to entering into a potential cooperation agreement, as well as to safeguard Statnett’s legitimate interest in assessing the quality etc. of the proposal.
- Statnett will also process certain personal data in connection with recruitment. All recruitment to Statnett will take place through Statnett’s dedicated recruitment system, as stated in the individual job advertisement. A separate privacy statement concerning recruitment is available in this system.
Statnett will store this personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes as defined above. Note that continued storage may also be necessary to fulfil the statutory obligations to which Statnett is subject or as a result of Statnett’s legitimate interests, including for historical purposes or if it is necessary to determine, invoke or defend a legal claim.
Disclosure of personal data
Statnett may disclose your personal data to third parties within the framework of the purposes stated in this privacy statement, provided that Statnett has a legal basis for this disclosure. For example, your personal data may be disclosed to public authorities to comply with statutory requirements (e.g. to the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority in connection with inspections of pay and working conditions).
Statnett may disclose your personal data to suppliers who perform services for Statnett, for example, suppliers of e-mail services, system suppliers etc. Suppliers process personal data on behalf of Statnett and in accordance with established agreements, and will only use the personal data for the purposes for which the data has been obtained. Statnett will ensure that all suppliers meet the requirements for satisfactory security for your personal data.
All of processing of our users’ personal data takes place within the EU/EEA.
Security for your personal data
Statnett takes your privacy seriously and we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data against breaches of personal data security, unauthorised access to and disclosure of personal data.
You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of the personal data we process about you. Furthermore, you also have the right to request limited processing, to object to processing and, in som instances, to claim the right of data portability. If the processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent for our processing of personal data at any time. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact Statnett by e-mail at email@example.com.
You also have the right to submit a complaint about our processing of your personal data to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
Statnett will from time to time make amendments to this privacy statement. An updated version of Statnett’s privacy statement will be available on our website at all times. We encourage you to visit our website regularly to keep up to date on the current privacy statement. If we change how we process personal data, this statement will be updated and we will notify this change on our website or by using your contact details.