The power sector is going through fundamental changes, and large amounts of new renewable energy must be added to the power system in order to reduce climate emissions through electrification and secure balance in the power system in Norway. Statnett's activity in innovation and technology development shall facilitate the enabling of the green change of pace and promote innovation through research, technology development, knowledge, and insight. Through this work, we will create value for Statnett by doing things in a smarter way, reducing costs, and increasing the safety of our employees.
Statnett is interested in proposals in these areas:
- Automation and control of power system operations
- Interconnected AC/DC transmission systems
- Cooperation between transmission and distribution system operators, electrification and flexibility
- Socio-economic methods in a time of rapid system changes
- Communication, data management and cyber security
- Capacity increase
- Digital substation
- Efficient technologies and construction methods
- Digital twin and condition-based asset management
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and preservation of nature- and bio-diversity
- Secure facilities and safety for employees
How to submit your project proposal
Statnett invites to cooperation and request that submitted ideas for research projects promote cooperation between stakeholders across academia, research institutions and industry, so that we together can develop expertise and good solutions for the industry. It is an advantage if the research proposal is eligible for financial support.
More information can be found in the attached document: Invitation to tender R&D projects
The deadline for submitting proposals is 1. November 2022.
Project proposals are sent to us by following this link . In addition, we would like you to upload more details about your project proposal by using this PowerPoint template.
You can download a template that you can use to help fill in the project proposal.
If you have questions or experience problems with the portal, contact email@example.com