The conference will be held as a live stream production, from 11.30 – 14.00, including a 15-minute break.
Click on the link below to join at the specified time and date
11.30 – 12.45: From a different year into a different decade
In 2020 Covid-19 has had an impact on production, consumption, and the market within the energy sector. It has also affected the green development of the power system. What will the path out of the crisis look like and what part will the green transformation of the energy sector play?
- British Minister for Business, Energy and Clean Growth, Kwasi Kwarteng
- Norway’s Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Tina Bru
- Chairman of the board, Jon Fredrik Baksaas
- Panel discussion on electrification: Nils Kristian Nakstad (CEO, Enova), Stein Lier-Hansen (Managing Director, The Federation of Norwegian Industries) and Auke Lont (CEO, Statnett)
- Conversation with Statnett CEO Auke Lont: Statnett and the world around us – 2008 to 2020
12.45-13.00 Short break
13.00 – 13.40: Power exchange and the green transformation
Trial operation for the NordLink cable between Norway and Germany will start in 2020, followed by the North Sea Link cable between Norway and the UK next year. We will tell the story behind these gigantic projects and look at the importance increased power exchange will have for Norway, the Nordics, and Europe.
- Manon van Beek, CEO TenneT
- Rainer Baake, Managing Director of the Climate Neutrality Foundation
- Håkon Borgen, Executive Vice President at Statnett
13.40 – 14.00: The power sector and the outside world
A panel discussion about the energy sector as seen by the media.
- Astrid Meland, commentator at VG
- Kjetil Malkenes Hovland, journalist at E24
- Gert Mollestad, journalist at Montel
Moderated by Henrik Glette, Director of Communications at Statnett
Along the way, there will also be short films and cultural elements.