To succeed in reaching the zero-emission society, the power system must change radically. Not just in Norway, but throughout Europe and the rest of the world. The new power system will require more renewable production, new system operation and market solutions and more grids. All this requires increased cooperation across sectors and national borders. At the conference, we will also present the brand new "System Development Plan", which outlines how we will develop the power system going forward.
Host: Erik Aasheim, journalist and author
This year's conference has three main titles
- Race to Zero: A New Energy System
- The Green Transition - Are We Up to the Challenge? (
- The New Norwegian Energy System
The conference program includes sessions in both Norwegian and English, with the first and third sessions conducted in Norwegian. The conference will be translated by professional interpreters.
Race to Zero: A New Energy System
An energy system fit for a zero-emission society, Hilde Tonne, President and CEO of Statnett
Keynote Speech, Terje Aasland, Minister of Petroleum and Energy
The Green Transition - Are We Up to the Challenge?
Getting the power system ready for 2050, Manon van Beek, CEO and Chair of the Board of TenneT (video)
The North Sea as the future source of energy, Fintan Slye, Executive Director of the Electricity System Operator (ESO), National Grid
The green transition – will it happen? Jarand Rystad, CEO of Rystad Energy
EU's Grid Initiative – what's happening? Sonya Twohig, Secretary-General of ENTSO-E
Panel discussion: Energy transition – how to get there?
- Sonya Twohig, Secretary-General of ENTSO-E
- Jarand Rystad, CEO of Rystad Energy
- Hilde Tonne, CEO of Statnett
- Fintan Slye, Executive Director of the Electricity System Operator (ESO), National Grid
The New Norwegian Energy System
Presentation of Statnett's System Development Plan, Gunnar Løvås, Executive Vice President Markets & System Development, Statnett
How to operate a new energy system? Elisabeth Østreng, Senior Vice President for Development in System Operation in Statnett
Collaboration and task sharing between transmission and distribution system operators, Anne Nysæther, CEO of Elvia
Panel discussion: How can Norway succeed with the transition?
- Kenneth Sandmo, Head of Business and Industri Policy Departement at The Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions (LO)
- Anniken Hauglie, Deputy Director of the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO)
- Kjetil Lund, CEO of the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate
- Truls Gulowsen, CEO of The Norwegian Society for the Conservation of Nature / Friends of Earth Norway
- Gunnar Løvås, Executive Vice President Markets & System Development, Statnett
- Anne Nysæther, CEO of Elvia
Ending notes, Nils Kristian Nakstad, Chair of the Board, Statnett