The energy debate is raging and Europe is in a demanding energy situation, at the same time as the transition to an emission-free society is accelerating.
At Statnett’s Autumn Conference, we heard from both Minister of Petroleum and Energy Terje Aasland and Statnett’s own CEO Hilde Tonne. LKAB’s SVP Energy & Climate, Stefan Savonen, talked about the company’s major investment in green steel in Northern Sweden. We were brought up to date on developments in Europe, and Chris Peeters from the Belgian TSO Elia Group told us more about how Belgium is meeting the need for more renewable power.
Also at the conference, Statnett presented news from our short-term market analysis, and a number of stakeholders from Norwegian business and industry told us more about what is needed to make the switch to a renewable society while at the same time building new industries for the future.
A Europe in crisis - what now?
- Opening remarks, President & CEO Hilde Tonne, Statnett
- Introduction from the Norwegian Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Terje Aasland
Green transition during turbulent times
- Results from Statnett's short-term market analysis, EVP Markets & System Development Gunnar Løvås, Statnett
- Repower Europe – Norwegian challenges and opportunities. Director of Center for International Climate and Environmental Research (CICERO), Kristin Halvorsen
- The North Sea - Europe’s new energy source, CEO of Elia Group, Chris Peeters
- Climate crisis and the need for more renewable energy Panel discussion: Kristin Halvorsen (Cicero), Hilde Tonne (Statnett) and Chris Peeters (Elia Group)
Increased demand for energy and grid capacity
- How do we ensure sufficient energy production for new industries? CEO Ståle Gjersvold, TrønderEnergi/Aneo
- Green Hydrogen. Country manager Fortescue Future Industries, Thor Magnus Rovik
- Steel industry in Northern Sweden - Transformation towards a sustainable future, Senior Vice President Energy & Climate, LKAB, Stefan Savonen
- How to build new industries for the future? Panel discussion:
- CEO of Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO), Ole Erik Almlid
- President & CEO of Norsk Hydro, Hilde Aasheim,
- Director Power & Renewable Energy of Pareto Securities, Lars Ove Skorpen
- Senior Vice President Energy & Climate, LKAB, Stefan Savonen
- Executive Vice President of Corporate Development & Deputy CEO of Yara, Lars Røsæg
- Ending notes – where are we heading? Henrik Glette in conversation with Statnett's newly appointed Chair of the Board, Nils Kristian Nakstad.