The energy system of the future will be different. Development is rapid, and collaboration will change as Norway is electrified, as new renewable production replaces fossil production and as new types of industrial consumption are connected to the system. In many cases, we will also be able to postpone or avoid grid investment by utilising flexibility and capacity among consumers, producers and grid owners.
Programme research topics include:
- data-driven decision support for grid planning
- collaboration with other industries
- interplay with owners of distribution grids and customers
- Statnett’s role in the energy system of the future
- flexibility in a fully electrified, digitalised and integrated energy system
- flexibility through better collaboration across differing grid levels