Overview of the SwiftPacs turbines
Statnett is selling its power plant at Nyhamna consisting of:
- 3 x PW Power Systems 60 MW FT8-3 SwiftPac dual fuel (gas/diesel) turbine packages
- 2 x water treatment facilities for demineralization of injection water (water is injected to reduce NOx-emissions from 176 ppm to 25 ppm / diesel: to 42 ppm)
- Step up transformer 11,5/132 kV 160 MVA
- Switchgear 11,5 kV / auxiliary equipment
- Read the executive summary here
Tha Plant was delivered and maintained by PW Power Systems (PWPS - formerly Pratt & Whitney ®) a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI), and has provided emergency power capacity since 2008, but has only operated for less than 400 hours -for maintenance purposes only. The units have only been operated on gas and are suitable for gas-to-power.
For more information regarding the SwiftPacs and the sales process, please download the executive summary on the bottom of this page.