Statnett is now decommissioning the plants and is now initiating a sales process for the Nyhamna plant.
Statnett is selling its power plant at Nyhamna consisting of:
- 3 Pratt & Whitney Power Systems 60 MW FT8-3 SwiftPac dual fuel (gas/diesel) turbine packages
- 2 x water treatment facilities for demineralization of injection water (water is injected to
- reduce NOx-emissions from 176 ppm to 25 ppm/diesel: to 42 ppm)
- Step up transformer 11,5/132 kV 160 MVA
- Switchgear 11,5 kV / auxiliary equipment
The Plant was delivered and maintained by PW Power Systems (PWPS - formerly Pratt & Whitney ®) a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI), and has provided emergency power capacity since 2008, but has only operated for less than 400 hours -for maintenance purposes – only.
For more information regarding the SwiftPacs and the sales process, please download the Executive Summary: