Statnett is selling its power plant at Tjeldbergodden consisting of
- 7 Pratt & Whitney Power Systems 25 MW FT8-3 MobilePac dual fuel (gas/diesel) turbine packages
- 2 x water treatment facilities for demineralization of injection water (water is injected to reduce NOx-emissions from 176 ppm to 25 ppm / diesel: to 42 ppm)
- Step up transformer 11,5/132 kV 160 MVA
- Switchgear 11,5 kV with busbar / auxiliary equipment
The Plant is delivered and maintained by PW Power Systems (PWPS -formerly Pratt & Whitney®) a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI).
The Plant has provided emergency power capacity since 2008, but has only operated for less than 400 hours -for maintenance purposes – only operated on natural gas.
Key facts of the 25 MW FT8 MobilePac units:
- Transport weight: 75 metric tons (power unit)
- Limited site size requirements
- Dual fuel (diesel/gas) – equipped for gas. Minor changes required for diesel operation
- Production capacity of 25 MW per unit with water injection
- Energy efficiency: approx. 36 % => 0.3 liter of diesel per kWh produced
De-rigging and preparation for transport by sea for the whole Plant takes 7-14 days. Limited advance site preparation is required.
Upon arrival on site, the Mobile Pac can initialize power generation within a week, provided necessary infrastructure.
Enables remote operation of high quality and reliable emergency power production
Highway compatible mobile units (US-std.) - rapid deployment worldwide via road, sea freight or airfreight
For more information on the sales process, please contact:
Jon Hov Lauritzen
Senior Vice President
Mobile +47 95 74 93 81
Direct +47 23 90 33 62