Our Code of Conduct
Our ethical principles entail that we:
• Comply with laws, regulations and human rights
• Act honestly and with integrity
• Strive for openness, compliance and transparency within the organisation
• Do not act in a manner that may compromise our impartiality, integrity or credibility
• Do not receive or give gifts or services that could affect our business conduct or independence
• Will not use confidential information for personal gain – for ourselves or others
We also attach utmost importance to ensuring that our suppliers and partners adhere to our Code of Conduct for suppliers. All our agreements with suppliers include a contractual obligation to comply with our Code of Conduct.
You can read our Code of Conduct for suppliers here (PDF).
Our Ethics Representative
The role of the Ethics Representative is to strengthen the legal protection of employees and help uncover censurable conditions. Censurable conditions may include conditions that are in violation of law or Statnett’s Code of Conduct, poor working environment, harassment, negative culture or other harmful activity.
The Ethics Representative accepts and reports matters raised by anyone who has observed wrongdoing and/or mistakes committed by Statnett, our employees, our management or our suppliers. The Ethics Representative reports directly to our CEO Auke Lont and Statnett’s Board of Directors.
If you would like to ask our Ethics Representative any questions, or would like to report censurable conditions at Statnett or at one of our suppliers, you may choose to remain anonymous.
Contact our Ethics Representative
Statnett’s values are long-term perspective, respect and community:
• Long-term perspective: We take responsibility for the long-term development of the power sector, and we manage the balance between daily operations and long-term planning.
• Respect: We show humility for our social mission, exercise our role with respect for our surroundings, and show respect for the interests and views of others, internally and externally.
• Community: We help each other improve and demonstrate that we are an important part of society.